Possible exposure to hiv/hepc

Hi, i recently had to to do some sewer drain cleaning and i might have gotten feces on my hands.After i washed them i noticed a small cut(probably caused from the plumbing snake)on my hand.I should have been using gloves, but i just forgot to.Should i be worried about infection from hepC or hiv from this?I also have very dry chapped hands most of the time and i have heard that that broken skin can increase the risks of transmission.Thanks for any help you can provide. Jason

Response from Dr. Dieterich

There are lots of risks from sewage. Hepatitis A is the real risk from sewage in terms of hepatitis viruses. Hepatitis B and C and HIV really need blood to be transmitted. You should certainly wear gloves to protect you from the bacterial infections that can be found in sewage. Be careful! DTD

Urgent--Adultry and HBV***
TEENAGE SEX - should I tell my parents about possible hepatitis?