Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Urgent--Adultry and HBV***
Jan 3, 2005

Doc, my third attempt to get your help... please respond and advise as possible.

I have been married for 26 years and like an idiot about 1 3/4 years ago had a one night fling. (Stupid I know... Also I don't know if it matter but I couldn't climax out of guilt -- I don't know if you have to climax to get a STD...?)

Anyhow, almost 1 3/4 years have past and my wife a regular giver of blood was notified by the red cross that her last two samples came back positive for the anti-body... Is it possible that my encounter nearly two years ago is responsible for her testing positive now?

Should I be tested -- maybe I have been carrying this from my one night fling... and she is just now showing up positive after all this time... Is this possible or likely?

Please help me understand as I am going crazy with worry for us and our family right now...

Thank you

M

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It is certainly possible that you acquired HBV after your escapade,but it would be unlikely. Before you go confessing, however you should see your doctor and get tested for everything including hepatitis A, B C and HIV as well as syphilis and chlamydia. If you do not have hep B or any markers for it then it was not you who gave your wife hep B. You should also make sure she follows up with her doctor, it could be a false positive test. Now the other question,YES it is possible to get an STD without a climax. Be careful if you cant be good! DTD

Previous
HBV vax
Next
Possible exposure to hiv/hepc

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.