Hep C don'

I am with a co-infected partner for the past 2 years and just found out I have Chronic Hep C with a viral load of 1.45 million..I don't really understand how it could be so high. My partner is saying I might have had it from before him. I am not a drug user so I don't know how I would have contracted this other than him. I have been tested for cholestorol and other things would they have been able to tell on routine blood work that something was wrong? The reason I ask is that I fear my ex-husband may have been exposed by me if it is true that I had this for a long time.

The level of the virus will not tell us anything about how long you have had the virus.

It is not possible to tell.

As for you, it is reasonable to proceed with a liver biopsy since you do not know how long you have had the infection. I would recommend this, even if you have normal liver function tests.

Dr. McGovern

merry christmas!
Was Advised to Take Lamivudine During 3rd Trimester-Need an Answer ASAP