|HEP C exposure to my daughter
Jan 1, 2005
During the recent holiday visit my mother was visiting and has Hep C, a few times she kissed my daughter on the lips? Should I be concerned? I did read were a study in 2003 linked Hep C to saliva, is this true? What, if anything should I be worried about?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
HCV has been isolated in saliva but transmission by kissing has not been demonstrated.
Enjoy your holidays!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Red Eyes After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Can Chlamydia Cause Pain During Sex?
- Does Monistat Cure Vaginal Thrush?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.