|HEP C exposure to my daughter
Jan 1, 2005
During the recent holiday visit my mother was visiting and has Hep C, a few times she kissed my daughter on the lips? Should I be concerned? I did read were a study in 2003 linked Hep C to saliva, is this true? What, if anything should I be worried about?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
HCV has been isolated in saliva but transmission by kissing has not been demonstrated.
Enjoy your holidays!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Chances Of Getting Cervical Cancer If You Are Monogamous
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.