|corticosteroids and co-infection
Jan 1, 2005
In a patient taking perscription corticosteroids, if a concern exists for simultaneous HIV/HepC exposure, will PCR testing stage the HIV/HepC infection in the absence of detectable antibody response?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C testing should not be effected by steroids.
If there is still a concern regarding large doses of steroids and antibody responses, you could always check for hepatitis C infection by checking for the virus itself.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Corticosteroids And Hiv Antibody Test
- Are White Spots An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Is Purple Spots A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Can U Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.