Hello, What happens if a spot of HEP C infected blood gets on to food, and gets eaten, can it transmitted this way? Especially if gums are broken due to wisdom teeth coming through. Also, what about cat scrathes? I recently got scrathed by my mums cat who scrathced her about an hour before, it drew a little blood. My mum has had HEP C for 25 years. I dont know if i'm just being paranoid. I'm worried i might have it, even though i was tested when i found out my mum had it before i was born, and my result was negative. Now i'm worried my boyfreind has it because we dont use condoms. Please help :(

Acquisition of hepatitis C is most common through drug use. Sexual transmission is much less common. Ingestion of HCV has never been documented to cause hepatitis C.

If you are still concerned, get peace of mind by getting tested for HCV.

Dr. McGovern

HIV/Hep C on razor
corticosteroids and co-infection