|HIV/Hep C on razor
Jan 1, 2005
Is it known how long the HIV viruis would remain infectious in blood on a razor from a shaving cut? Is it known how long HCV would remain infectious on blood on razor from a shaving cut? Thnaks...
Response from Dr. McGovern
I am not aware of any studies which have tried to determine how long infectious virus remained on a razor. However, transmission of hepatitis C is related to drug use, where there is a large exposure to infectious virus, or to accidental needlestick exposures, most of which occur with hollow bore needles. Therefore, the risk of transmission usually requires a certain inoculum of virus that is in a hollow bore needle.
Sharing razors is not recommended; however, transmission from person to person through simple razor sharing is not documented. Dr. McGovern
HIV+ and Hep 'C' and best drug combo
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Topping Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.