Dec 19, 2004
I am an inactive carrier of HBV (e antigen - Neg, e antibody - Positive, DNA PCR - Undetectable, Normal LFT). I am 30 yrs old.
I wanted to know at what age the virus will usually become active again?
or will it remain inactive for a lifetime if I do not have any cases of immunosuppression by chemotherapy or steroids?
Thanks a lot in advance.
Response from Dr. McGovern
It is difficult to say. However, you are in an excellent category and I would just want to emphasize simple blood test monitoring every 6 months to be certain all remains well.
Happy holidays! Dr. McGovern
Enough of the same question!!
- Burning Penis Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Blood In Urine After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Bronchitis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can Vaginal Discharge Cause Sores?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.