HCV Qualitative?

Hi Dr. McGovern, Please help me, Im driving myself crazy. For the past years Ive been feeling fatigued and have had severe joint pain that comes and goes and recently pain in the upper right area, in the front and back of my body, dry mouth and recently pain in my testicles. I had a potential exposure about 5 years ago. On Feb 2004 I did an antibody HCV and it was negative. On Sept 2004 I repeated the test and it was negative again. I did a Quant PCR for HCV in Nov 2004 (two weeks ago) and the result was less than 615 IU/ml (Normal value is less than 615 IU/ml according to my lab). I don't know if I should pursue a Qual PCR. I also had other very interesting results:

Direct bilirubin: 0.6 (normal is 0.1 - 0.3), Iron: 169 ug/dl (normal is 25 - 156) Ferritin serum: 442 ng/ml(normal is 28 - 365)

My AST and ALT have always been normal, within range. Ive also ruled out other STDs like HIV, HBV, Gono,Chlamydia, etc. getting always negative results.

Can you please advice me what's next? I have a very worried wife and a couple of babies, were very concerned about them.

Is HCV Qual PCR adviced?

God bless you!

I would not pursue any more testing whatsoever for hepatitis C. You are not infected.

Dr. McGovern

A WORRIED CHILD
lymphocytes