Sanitary conditions in Vietnam relating to Hepatitis A, B and C

Hi, I've heard a lot of people coming back from Vietnam being sick and ill. The am most worried about AIDS and hepatitis mainly hepatitis C.

In Vietnam, people in restaurants or people who sells food tend to use the same water to wash their dishes, utensils, meats and vegetables. I do not know if they use soap or not for the dishes and utensils.

QUESTION: CAN I CATCH HEPATITIS C OR AIDS EATING OR ANY KIND OF DISEASES OUT OF THE DISHES THEY WASHED USING OLD DIRTY WATER?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

No not hepatitis C, but hepatitis A for sure. Before travelling overseas, everyone should be tested for hepatitis A and B and vaccinated if they are not immune. There is also a small risk of hepatitis E which is similar to hepatitis A in that it does not become chronic, but can cause a deadly liver disease. Good luck Travel safely! DTD

HBV DNA high
Glyburide & Metformin vs Insulin