|HBV DNA high
Dec 14, 2004
An ultrasound scan test was performed on me and the results are as follows:
ALT 108 (0-70U/L) AST 243 (0-55U/L)
Hepatits B quant > 700.000 pg/ml
Hepatitis B DNA Quant PCR LOG > 8.3 unit log HBV DNA > 200,000,000 Copies/ml.
Hepatits B surface Antigen positive abnormal.
Impression: The Liver is diffusively hyperechoic, consistent with medical liver disease.
PLEASE EXPLAIN ME THE PROBLEM THAT IM FACING. DO I HAVE LIVER CANCER?
Thanks a Lot.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
No you have hepatitis B and you need to be treated for it. You should also have a liver biopsy to stage your disease. This is an easy one. We have very good drugs for hepatitis B nowadays so get treated! DTD
HCV: coinfection w/HIV and HBV
Sanitary conditions in Vietnam relating to Hepatitis A, B and C
- Could Sinus Infection Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
- Does HIV Cause Rectal Bleeding?
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Will Douching Get Rid Of This Brown Vaginal Discharge Causes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.