Transmission at Drs Office

I recently had blood drawn at my Primary Care for a check-up. The nurse prepped my vein with an alcohol prep pad, then tapped the injection site with her bare finger to enlarge the vein. Then she wiped the site quickly with a sterile gauze pad and proceeded to draw my blood. I am wondering if when she touched the injection site after she prepped with Alcohol, I would be at risk for infection (HIV, HCV).

Response from Dr. Dieterich

The answer is no. The virus has to be on the needle that goes into your vein. Keep going to the doctor, you can't get infected by being treated! DTD

Please Answer Follow up ....... Inactive to Active Carrier
HCV: coinfection w/HIV and HBV