Please Answer Follow up ....... Inactive to Active Carrier

Dear Dr,

Thanks for your reply.

But I am soo worried about the virus becoming active again in the future.

Usually at what age will the virus become active again? Is there any chance the virus will become spontaneously active again in future with my current status of HbsAg +ve,HbeAg -ve, Anti Hbe +ve, HBV DNA by PCR being not detectable.

Please do not mind me asking you the same questions again. Thanks a lot.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

I will give you the same answer again. There is no way to tell. Age usually does not have anything to do with it. If you get HIV, cancer or renal failure then you should look again at the viral level. I would recommend that you have the DNA level done once per year at your yearly physical. Other than that forget about it and liver your life! DTD

hpv/cmv co-infection
Transmission at Drs Office