|Inactive to Active Carrier
Dec 7, 2004
I am an inactive carrier of HBV (e antigen - Neg, e antibody - Positive, DNA PCR - Undetectable, Normal LFT). I am 30 yrs old.
I wanted to know usually at what age will the virus become active again.
I am very worried that I may not live longer and will die soon.
Thanks a lot in advance.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
If you die soon it will not be from hepatitis B! You should however have HCC screening yearly with ultrasound and AFP blood test to make sure that there are no tumors developing. The chances of that happening are remote with no detectable DNA. Stay well, enjoy life! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.