After Liver Biopsy HBV

Dear Mr. Dieterich

I have HBV DNA by PCR at 4,000 cp/ml, AST 24, AFP 6, liver viopsy results showed no fibrosis or scaring, U/S normal. My age is 35 and I'm HBe-Ag negative, Anti-HBe positive and I have some abdominal pains.

Do you propose medication for my case ? When I have to make again viopsy? My doctor says that I need no medication, next viopsy after 5 years, just semiannual screening with blood tests and once per year afp and U/S. Do you agree with him ?

Thank you for the attention

Response from Dr. Dieterich

That is a very rational way to approach HBV. Some people would want to treat that low level of HBV but most experts don't. It is really an individual decision now until we know the long term data. Good luck! DTD

HVC maintainance therapy