HepatitisAB, free, but high ALT

Dear Drs.: I found this forum very informative, Thanks a lot for your wonderful work!I have a question about my ALT. The normal value should be in the range of 0-40, but mine is 51(All the other liver functions were normal). I was tested for both Hepatitis A and B, the result was negative. I was also tested for Hepatitis C, the lab reported its non-reactive. What does this non-reactive mean? Is it the same as negative? Thanks in advance!

Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres

Yes ,hepatitis c non-reactive means that no antibodies against HCV were present in your blood.Youhave not been exposed to the virus. There are many other causes for elevation of ALT not related to the hepatitis viruses as; other viral infections,alcohol ingestion,drugs,medicines,inmmune diseases and even people that have normal liver biopsies can have high ALT.

HIV
Urine and Hep