Mar 23, 2001
is hepititis B the disease as HIV
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
No.Hepatitis B is a virus that affects the liver and produces liver damage only.HIV is a disease that affects all the body but mostly the inmmune system.It decreases the body defences against infections.You can be infected with one virus or you can have coinfection with both.They are similar though,in that they have the same risks for infection.Both are trasmitted by blood, as ,sharing needles,and by sexual contact.
initial treatment failed, now what?
HepatitisAB, free, but high ALT
- How Long Can The Hiv Virus Live In Extreme Temperature?
- How Much Blood Must Be Transmitted In Order To Get Hiv?
- What To Take To Suppress Genital Herpes?
- What If You Have Sex One Week Before A Herpes Outbreak?
- Type Of Doctor Who Removes Genital Warts
- Symptoms Of Genital Herpes The Day After Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.