Mar 23, 2001
is hepititis B the disease as HIV
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
No.Hepatitis B is a virus that affects the liver and produces liver damage only.HIV is a disease that affects all the body but mostly the inmmune system.It decreases the body defences against infections.You can be infected with one virus or you can have coinfection with both.They are similar though,in that they have the same risks for infection.Both are trasmitted by blood, as ,sharing needles,and by sexual contact.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Picking Your Nose?
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Touching Precum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.