Hep-B/Elevated ALT&AST

Hi - I just got blood tests back saying my ALT and AST were elevated (ALT 3x the normal) and I am worried I could have Hep-B. And not sure how I could have gotten it.

I have always been HIV-phobic, and practiced safer sex. My profile is as follows: - tried unprotected receptive anal sex once 14 years ago - hurt too much so never "got it in"; was checked out later with no tears - engage in oral sex (same sex), average 2-3 times a year (both give and take), never to the point of climax and the moment I taste any pre-cum, I stop - traveled Australia last year and met lots of people who had traveled SE Asia - complete blood transfusion at birth (1969)

I am just utterly confused as to how this could happen - sexually pretty conservative. How could I have picked up Hep-B??

Any insight would be greatly helpful. Thanks!

The only way to know if you "could have" hepatitis B is simply to be tested for it. I would strongly recommend testing to know exactly what you are dealing with and also testing for hepatitis C in light of the abnormal liver function tests. Dr. McGovern

Non Sero Conversion after vaccination
HCV Treatment Stopped