|Non Sero Conversion after vaccination
Nov 27, 2004
Why is it that after two full course of HepB vaccine and follow ups to both [over a period of several years] my blood test STILL show that I am Hep B neg [ie no sero-conversion].
Response from Dr. McGovern
Unfortunately some patients do not seroconvert to the hepatitis B vaccination. It is not well known why that is the case. It is useful that you know your status however, so that if you do have an exposure, you should get immunoglobulin for protection.
- When Should You Get Tested For Chlamydia Again After Treatment?
- What Pathogen Causes Genital Herpes?
- What Is The Difference Between Chlamydia And Gonorrhea?
- What Are Over The Counter Treatments For Genital Warts?
- Vitamins That Suppress Herpes Outbreaks
- Treatment Of Chlamydia How Long Before Symptoms Gone
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.