HIV,HBV,HCV

hi. Mm wife recevied a blood trasfussion 2 weeks ago before a cessarian section in ISRAEL .WHAT IS THE RISK OF GETTING : HIV,HBV,HCV. PLEASE ANSWER ME , I AM WORRIED. THANKS

The risk of getting these infections through a blood transfusion is extraordinarily low. The testing of the blood supply is very thorough and I would not hesitate myself on receiving blood if it was necessary for my medical condition. Prior to 1992 the testing for Hepatitis C was the one infection which lagged behind, but now the testing for hepatitis C is also very complete.

Dr. McGovern

HEP test result
Non Sero Conversion after vaccination