Nov 27, 2004
hi. Mm wife recevied a blood trasfussion 2 weeks ago before a cessarian section in ISRAEL .WHAT IS THE RISK OF GETTING : HIV,HBV,HCV. PLEASE ANSWER ME , I AM WORRIED. THANKS
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The risk of getting these infections through a blood transfusion is extraordinarily low. The testing of the blood supply is very thorough and I would not hesitate myself on receiving blood if it was necessary for my medical condition. Prior to 1992 the testing for Hepatitis C was the one infection which lagged behind, but now the testing for hepatitis C is also very complete.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Are Potential Sources Of Hiv Hbv And Hcv Infection?
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- AIDS Infection Risk Sex With A Prostitute
- Diarrhea After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.