Nov 24, 2004
What are the latest co-infection rates for HBV/HIV and HCV/HIV?
Thanks much, Cindy
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Both co infections are fairly common. HIV HBV represents about 10-15% of HIV+ people. HCV is much more common. In former IV drug users it is virtually universal, over 90%. Overall about 30-40% of HIV+ persons are co infected with HCV. The good news is that both HBV and HCV are very treatable! HCV is even curable! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Testicular Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sex With A Prostitute Worried I Have AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.