|Effectiveness of Antivirals in immuno-tolerant phase of chronic hepatitis B
Nov 21, 2004
Do the Antivrials like Adefovir and Lamivudine work in immuno tolerant phase of chronic hepatitis B?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Immune tolerant usually refers to normal liver function tests. These drugs can decrease virus but most physicians would not treat someone with hepatitis B and normal liver function tests. Hepatitis B can flare so it is important to follow someone serially over time to see if the infection is changing in character. It is very important to follow-up routine monitoring, physical examination and laboratories on a regular basis with your physician and perhaps other monitoring also depending on how long you have had your infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hep C From Kissing A Hep C Infected Person?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.