Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Eye Drops
Nov 21, 2004

Please give me peice of mind to my question.... I work with a gay man whose 3yr partner was tested positive for Hep-C. The other day at work I used his eye drops. I was hesitant to using it. I did ask him if his eyes ever touch the tip of the bottle.....he said no, then he used it and showed me that his eyes don't touch the bottle. Before I used it I sqeezed some into a kleenex. I'm so sick to my stomach about this. He did say he tested negative last month when they both got tested, but let say he's positive for Hep-c and the bottle has touch his eyes. What are my chances of contracting this? Thankyou for your time!

Response from Dr. McGovern

I think the chances are zero and I would not pursue testing. Dr. McGovern

Previous
Hep-C
Next
Precore Hep B w/ chest pain

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.