Nov 21, 2004
Hi, I just met a woman that has-had hep-c She went through the three year shot program and now has no signs of hep-c in her blood. She goes every three months for blood work. Now my question is since the signs are gone are there any chances for the virus to return to her? And what are the odds with me contracting the virus through vaginal sex? We plan to get married and so far have been using a condom. Thank You
Response from Dr. McGovern
The good news is that once hepatitis C is eliminated - gone for 6 months after treatment - the chance of relapse is extraordinarily low.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Licking Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can A Blood Test Tell You If You Have An Std?
- Can You Drink After Chlamydia Medication?
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
- How Long Until Std Test Results Come Back?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.