Nov 21, 2004
If a person is a IV drug user but has never shared a needle can they still get hep c? also if they caused the area of injection to get infected red swollen and very sore,to the point of them getting flu like symptoms with fever, is this a sign of Hep C?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If you have never shared a needle, you would not be at risk for hepatitis C. I think if you have residual doubts, I would simply get tested to relieve your mind. Dr. McGovern
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIV Risk Sex With A Prostitute
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Afraid I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.