|Very confusing with the result...
Nov 21, 2004
My family doesn't seem to be knowledgeable to determine the lab report.
That's all he has written down for me after full page of report was printed:
Hep B Surface Ag - Positive Hep B Core AB - Positive Hep B Surface Ab < 5
Yes, i realize that i'm a carrier, but what exactly is "Hep B Surface Ab < 5"?
BTW, Is there any treatment for Hep B so far?
Response from Dr. McGovern
The hepatitis B surface antibody is negative in patients who are chronic carriers. It is positive in patients who were exposed but cleared the virus on their own.
There are many treatments for hepatitis B including lamivudine, adefovir, FTC and interferon. Many more treatments are also on the way. Dr. McGovern
symptom of hep c
- Is Sore On Penis A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts When Giving Oral Sex?
- Can You Get Rid Of Gunnera The Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.