For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Painful Hemmoroids with HCV Treatment

I am being treated for HCV and am in the third month of treatment - after the first month of treatment, my hemmoroids ( which I have had for many years) got much much worse - I have terrible burning pain all the time and it is very painful to go to the bathroom - nothing helps including Hydrocortisone Cream or Suppositories - is this an expected side effect of treatment? if "rubber band" treatment of my hemmoroids is indicated, can it be done without interruption of my treatment?

This would not be an expected side effect of treatment. I would see a GI specialist to see what the options for treatment could be for your very significant symptoms. Dr. McGovern

HEP C and broken gums
chronic carrier diagnosis/husband negative/planning a pregnancy