Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

not sure on my test results please help me
Nov 21, 2004

dear doctor, could you please help me.I am very confused about lots of things with hep b. I came in contact with hep b at the age of 15 years old and than i was told that i was immune? I than was with a friend for a little while and than my partner of 10 years. 3years into the relasionship i found out that my partner and my freind had both came in contact with hep b? So off i went to the doctors they then told me that i was cronic carrier? But in the last 2 years i have had about 10 blood test and all of them have came up immune? What is going on am i or ant i. I have also been having a great deal of pain around my liver area and lots of other cazey things going on. I dont feel very well. HERE ARE MY BLOOD TEST RESULTS. Thank you so much i would love to here what you have to say i am being very honest this is what has happened to me and now i am just trying to find some answers for my future. HEP B S AG ELISA NEGATIVE HEP B S ANTIBODY DETECTED HEP B CORE ANTIBODY DETECTED HEP B E ANTIGEN NEGATIVE HEP B E ANTIBODY POSITIVE DNA BY PCR NEGATIVE 280,000 COULD I HAVE AUTO IMMUNE HEP B? Is there another blood test that i have to have done for that? Thank you agian so much.

Response from Dr. McGovern

Your results do not make sense to me since if you have virus in your blood your hepatitis B surface antigen should surely be positive - and yet it is not.

All I would recommend right now is to have the entire panel redone. Also your physician should call the laboratory director to discuss these results to have the first set of bloods re-tested or investigated further.

Dr. McGovern

Previous
Decompensated LIver Disease
Next
hepatitis

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.