|Decompensated LIver Disease
Nov 21, 2004
With cirrohsis & early decompensated liver disease(HCV 2a elevated ast/alt at 190/200)can I take interferon/ribivarin w/ close monitoring
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would discuss this question wiht an experienced hepatologist thoroughly since it is easy to treat genotype 2 infection. However, any signs of decompensation concern me regarding the use of interferon so please seek a very experienced specialist. Also if he or she says you have decompensated disease and they cannot treat you, ask to be referred to a transplant center to get on a list.
Worried about my child
not sure on my test results please help me
- What Is The Chlamydia And Gonorrhea Test Called?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes From Infected Person?
- What Can You Take To Make Chlamydia Go Away?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- What Are Other Names For Toxoplasmosis?
- What Is The Best Way To Keep Bacterial Vaginosis Away?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.