Decompensated LIver Disease
Nov 21, 2004
With cirrohsis & early decompensated liver disease(HCV 2a elevated ast/alt at 190/200)can I take interferon/ribivarin w/ close monitoring
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would discuss this question wiht an experienced hepatologist thoroughly since it is easy to treat genotype 2 infection. However, any signs of decompensation concern me regarding the use of interferon so please seek a very experienced specialist. Also if he or she says you have decompensated disease and they cannot treat you, ask to be referred to a transplant center to get on a list.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Testicular Pain After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Alphabetical List Of Std's
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- Can You Get Std If You And Your Partner Are Virgin And Have Oral Sex?
- Accuracy Of An Hiv Test At 8 Weeks
- Are Red Dots On Tongue And Swollen Lymph Nodes Signs Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.