|Decompensated LIver Disease
Nov 21, 2004
With cirrohsis & early decompensated liver disease(HCV 2a elevated ast/alt at 190/200)can I take interferon/ribivarin w/ close monitoring
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would discuss this question wiht an experienced hepatologist thoroughly since it is easy to treat genotype 2 infection. However, any signs of decompensation concern me regarding the use of interferon so please seek a very experienced specialist. Also if he or she says you have decompensated disease and they cannot treat you, ask to be referred to a transplant center to get on a list.
Worried about my child
not sure on my test results please help me
- Is Hairy Tongue A Symptom Of HIV?
- Bronchitis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Licking Genital Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Rimming Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.