my problem from hyderabad

Sir, my wife is 5 months pregnant and she was positive for HBsAG (recently known) and we consulted to the gastroenterologist and tested for HBeAg and Anti HBe and LFT and USG abdomen and the results are HBeAg : negative, Anti HBe : Positive, LFT: Normal: USG abdomen: Normal and doctor confirmed me as"inactive HBV carrier" shall i go for HBV DNA test? what should i do? i have about these results? Is there chance to clear HBsAg in future if i maintain good diet? Please answer to me sir.

Thanks sss

I would recommend that hepatitis B DNA testing be performed in order to be certain that she does not have virus in her bloodstream. Patients with hepatitis B e antigen negative disease can still have virus in their bloodstream.

Yes she could seroconvert her hepatitis B surface antigen to negative over time. That is possible.

She will need very careful follow-up at term and her baby should receive hepatitis B immune globulin and vaccine immediately after deliver and needs to complete the vaccination schedule.

You yourself should also have blood tests for hepatitis B to see if you have been exposed in the past. If not, you should also be vaccinated. Dr. McGovern

I used my mom's razor with Hep C
Worried about my child