Hep B and HIV
Nov 21, 2004
I am a female in her 20's who has had unprotected vaginal and anal sex with an HIV+ man many times. I have acute Hep B, which was diagnosed 5 months ago. I have heard that Hep B usually goes away in 6 months. Does having acute Hep B increase my risk of HIV infection?
Response from Dr. McGovern
The fact that you have had recent hepatitis B through sexual exposure implies risk of HIV also, especially if your partner is known to be HIV seropositive. You should definitely have testing for HIV also. I would also recommend that from now on you have protected intercourse. Dr. McGovern
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Herpes After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.