Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Suspected Hiv infection
Nov 21, 2004

In April 9th I was hit by stanger with needle cause long scratch mark on my left arm after 10 days later I feel my hand and feet cool feeling sometimes felt hot last around 1month then I start having dry mouth and mucous in my throat all the time untill know I have check for HIV in May 20th result negative July 10th again still negative and September 9th still negative but my dry mounth and mucous never go away know i have small red rash 2 to 3 spot around my hand what should I do

Response from Dr. McGovern

I am not sure why you may have your symptoms of dry mouth and a few red spots around your hand. If you are sending your question to this forum because of concerns that these symptoms could be related to hepatitis, I would say that this would be very unlikely. If I understand you correctly, a sharp object caused a long scratch mark but there was no actual bleeding so I believe that your exposure was very low risk. Dr. McGovern

Previous
Second treatment
Next
blood on surface?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.