Nov 20, 2004
I am a 50 year old female and have had Hepatitis C since 1983 which was contracted from a blood transfusion. I took 26 weeks of treatment in 2003, and was a non-responder. What bloodwork would you recommend having on a regular basis to monitor condition?
Response from Dr. McGovern
The main thing I would be interested in would be a liver biopsy. This would be helpful to follow your disease. In addition a prothrombin time and albumin will help assess your liver's ability to make special proteins.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore On Tongue A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Tingling Lips A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Anal Warts After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.