Nov 20, 2004
I am a 50 year old female and have had Hepatitis C since 1983 which was contracted from a blood transfusion. I took 26 weeks of treatment in 2003, and was a non-responder. What bloodwork would you recommend having on a regular basis to monitor condition?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The main thing I would be interested in would be a liver biopsy. This would be helpful to follow your disease. In addition a prothrombin time and albumin will help assess your liver's ability to make special proteins.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sinus Infection A Symptom Of HIV?
- Flu Symptoms After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Insertive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.