Nov 20, 2004
I am a 50 year old female and have had Hepatitis C since 1983 which was contracted from a blood transfusion. I took 26 weeks of treatment in 2003, and was a non-responder. What bloodwork would you recommend having on a regular basis to monitor condition?
Response from Dr. McGovern
The main thing I would be interested in would be a liver biopsy. This would be helpful to follow your disease. In addition a prothrombin time and albumin will help assess your liver's ability to make special proteins.
Please Help .... Very Concerned!!
when to begin treatment for coinfected
- Hiv And White Spots On The Lips
- How Long Does It Take To Know If U Are Hiv Positive?
- What Is There That Has Symptoms Similar To Genital Herpes?
- What Is The Incubation Period For Hpv?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Through Unprotected Sex?
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.