hiv/hbv co-infection

I am a co-infected with HIV and HBV (pre cor mutant). I am HIV resistant and had levels of 1500 vl and 700 cd4 prior to treatment. The HBV was causing stage 4 liver problems prior to meds. I am on Viread and Trizivir for last 4 years. Both viruses have been undetectable last 4 years. Liver is much better. I have some very mild signs of lipodystrophy, (extremely mild). My doc and I have been talking about just going on hepsera alone. Mixed feelings from both doc and myself. No clear answers from gilead on possible resistance problems after hepsera. Given my case what would you recommend.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

While it is intellectually appealing to use Hepsera(adefovir) by itself without treating the HIV, in my experience it does not work well in HIV+ persons. Particularly in the face of serious liver disease like you have I would not take any chances. Maybe when entecavir is approved for HBV next year, we can revisit this discussion. Stay well! DTD

Why all Hep B Abs + for 15 years?
cure rate?