Mar 23, 2001
I recently rented an adult video tape and noticed, after handling the tape that it had dried semen on the outside of the cassette. Here are my questions. Is there any risk of exposure to HIV or HEPB or C? How long would HIV be viable outside the body in dired semen? How long would HEPB or C be viable in dried semen or is it found at all in semen?
Is it possible to contract HIV OR HEP from an inanimate object?
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
Your risks of infection are almost none , in the situation you describe.All the viruses you are concerned about will not be viable in minutes to hours.HCV can be found in the semen as it is present in the blood. The sexual trasmission of HCV although possible is low.
difference between hep b / hep c
hep c treatment
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Disorders Cause Back Pain?
- How Are Genital Warts Contracted?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.