Very concerned

Hi, my husband is HIV poz and is currently undergoing another 18 month treatment for Hep C with Pegasus and copegus after failing 48 week treatment with Peg Intron. He has tachycardia and has been experiencing chest pains at night. His family doctor prescribed something to slow his heart rate down. He is also scheduled to see a cardiologist. Also, he is scheduled for a full checkup, colonoscopy, prostate, etc. Is a colonoscopy safe to do at this time since he is underoging treatment for Hep C? And are heart medications safe to take on top of the other medications is doing? Please respond. Very concerned. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Both colonoscopy and heart medications should be fine to take while on interferon. Sounds like he is getting good care. Wish him luck this time! DTD

Follow up - HBV DNA Negative Elevated ALT and AST
Am I cured?