|HEPC contracted when you are younger is better then older
Oct 29, 2004
I believe I once read that it is better to get HEPC when you are younger then older? Is there any truth to this, example: Contract it when you are 16 rather then in your 30's.
Response from Dr. McGovern
It has been shown that patients who get hepatitis C for the first time after the age of 40 progress faster than those who get the virus when they are younger.
However, there are other issues which also contribute to faster progression of hepatitis C including alcohol use which is the most important factor of all. Dr. McGovern
HCV Viral load
- How Long For Hiv To Turn Into Aids Without Treatment?
- What Does Hiv Rash Look Like Around The Mouth?
- I Cannot Wait 3 Months For Hiv Test
- How Long After A Person Is Infected With Hiv Do You Get Symptoms?
- What Is A Good Viral Load And T-cell Count For Someone With Hiv?
- Yellow Discharge Bacterial Vaginosis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.