|ALT enzime high
Oct 29, 2004
I just had blood lab done, my Liver ALT came back elevated (95), what would cause this, all other lab was fine, thanks
Response from Dr. McGovern
Your ALT is a measure of liver activity and may reflect alcohol use, medication use (including herbs, over the counter drugs), or chronic viral hepatitis with B or C or some other liver disease. I would not be concerned necessarily with only one test. I would follow this up with additional ALT and start evaluation for causes of liver disease.\ Dr. McGovern
Dear Dr. Please Help Me
HCV Viral load
- Is Red Eyes A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Sex With A Prostitute Safe?
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can You Get Herpes If You Use A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.