tests reports for HVC

3 months ago iwas tested for riba test of HVC which was +ve, the my PCR was detected from a lab , and viral load was 2,50000 according to lab result, my virus genotype was tested from another LAB and the RESult of genotype "NotTypeble", my doctor said that its allright some times genotype is not typeble, he started my treatment (using interferon and ribazole), after 5 weeks of treatment i was called from the lab where i was tested for Genotyping , they tested me again for PCR and that time my PCR was "NotDetected" i show these reports to my doctor and he said that ur virus is not active and u donot need for treatment for HVC, and previous result of PCR was wrong,then i stopped the treatment, pla tell me whts ur comments on it, and one thing more is it possible that a virus load of 2,50000 can be undetected within five week of treatment(Using combination od interferone and ribazole), and if Riba test is +ve and PCR is negative wht it mean, plz ans my questions, HAMID

If I understand you correctly, your first viral load before treatment was high and then your second viral load after 5 weeks of treatment was non-detectable. Your genotype was untypeable.

It is certainly possible not to be able to type your genotype - sometimes due to mixed genotypes.

It is also certainly possible that your HCV infection could have responded dramatically in 5 weeks to treatment to become undetectable. We call that type of response a "rapid viral responder" and these patients have a very high chance of viral eradication. Dr. McG

hepatitus vaccine
end stage liver disease