Are these ALT's the same?
Oct 29, 2004
I most often see an ALT test range of 0-40 with normal around 20. My lab's range for the ALT test is 0-60. Is an ALT reading of 36 still normal or the high of normal based on the 0-40 range? I thought all labs were the same. This is confusing. Thanks very much.
Response from Dr. McGovern
This is a very good question. All laboratories have their own reference range for what is normal so you should only be concerned if your ALT is abnormal in your own laboratory. Do not compare lab to lab.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.