|Are these ALT's the same?
Oct 29, 2004
I most often see an ALT test range of 0-40 with normal around 20. My lab's range for the ALT test is 0-60. Is an ALT reading of 36 still normal or the high of normal based on the 0-40 range? I thought all labs were the same. This is confusing. Thanks very much.
Response from Dr. McGovern
This is a very good question. All laboratories have their own reference range for what is normal so you should only be concerned if your ALT is abnormal in your own laboratory. Do not compare lab to lab.
One short question
Fibrosis progression vs activity level
- Burning Urethra After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Infections Cause Wbc In Urine?
- How Does Thrush Spread To Other People?
- Breast Feeding With HIV Effects On Baby
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.