|One short question
Oct 29, 2004
I had a short oral contact with a woman, I also put my finger inside of her vagina.
I had hiv test at 6 week, 3 month and 3 week, and 6 month and 2 week after this contact. 3 and 6 month test were also with epstein barr, hep B, C, ... well, all virus. Only cytomegalovirus had a reaction of 4, but the criterium was 14 or under 14 was negative, over 14 positive, then it was negative too...
I read that if someone was coinfected with hep c and hiv, he/she may take up to 1 year to detect hiv, and if not, only 6 month. Than my question is: If all hep c test were negative at 3 and 6 month, can I be sure I haven't it?
Thank you!!! Carles
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Your exposure was low risk and your testing is negative. I would be assured by that. Dr. McGovern
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- AIDS Infection Risk Touching An Open Scab
- Blowjob From A Prostitute And Possible HIV Exposure
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Dry Mouth After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.