play area, cont.

I am sorry to bother you again, but I need a little more info from you regarding my son getting a cut while playing on the play-area at a mall. You said it would be next to zero risk.... is that even taking into consideration the likelyhood of other children getting little cuts too. I am sure my child wasn't the only one who cut themselves that day. Just how likely is it for a child to have the disease and how much blood would have to be present for this to be a risk? My sons cut was the size of a small raisan or something... a little circular piece of skin got torn. Would HCV weaken after it leaves the body? Why would this situation be a near zero risk? Thank you.

Hepatitis C is very uncommon in children so the risk would be very very low for the possibility of an infected child to also get a cut which then also happens to get into the cut of your child.

If you continue to have anxiety about this, please talk to your pediatrician about testing. Dr. McGovern

is pegasys/copeg chemotherapy
One short question