|is pegasys/copeg chemotherapy
Oct 29, 2004
Is the combination therapy Peg/copeg a form of chemotherapy? I have been diag. with geno 1a stage 2 grade 2 hep c and I just took my 5th shot out of a 48 week plan.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The medications you describe are interferon based and ribavirin based treatments for hepatitis C. Interferon has also been used in the treatment of many other diseases, including cancer.
The medications you are taking have been shown to be very effective in the treatment of hepatitis C. All you need to do is take all the doses and follow-up with your physician for any side effects and blood monitoring. Good luck! Dr. McGovern
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are The Chances Of Passing Chlamydia With A Condom?
- Vaginosis With Uti Symptoms
- Can You Get Syphilis With Condom?
- Syphilis Diagnosis How Long Before I Can Have Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.