Is this test conclusive?!?!?!?!?!?!

Dr. McGovern- After a low risk activity, I decided to get tested for Hep B and C. Results came back negative. My question is that this test took place about 5 months after my experience. Is this conclusive or do I need to be retested again at 6 months for this low risk activity? Also, is it possible to contract Hepatitis from sharing a drinking straw? If so, what are the chances? Thank you for your time!

If your testing was 5 months later after a low risk exposure it sounds as if you can stop there. Of course, everyone has different levels of anxiety about ANY uncertainty, so if you are one of those individuals, you may want to pursue additional testing. I don't think you need to.

It is recommended that people who live with chronic carriers of hepatitis B should not share drinking glasses or utensils since hepatitis B can be found in saliva but it is felt that this is an uncommon route of exposure.

Dr. McG

hiv,hcv coinfection
is pegasys/copeg chemotherapy