Oct 26, 2004
i am an health care worker,got a needle prick 1 month back from an hepc and hiv co-infected male.my wife wants to plan her pregnancy as soon as possible.do we have to wait till 9 months as usaual to get ab test results or can we get faster accurate results by pcr? i also have a doubt -r all hep c curable ,as i heard that only genotype2 inf has 90% curability?please provide me with details thank you
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Hepatitis C genotype 1 is also equally curable! The chances however are less than 90% around 45%. You can certainly use PCR for both to get an answer sooner than 9 months. Go get it now! I am sure you are fine. Good luck getting pregnant! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Do You Know If You Have Anal Cancer?
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.