Oct 23, 2004
Very concerned about a postive hept c baseline test that a female took that i engaged in unprotected vaginal sex with.neither of us were bleeding during intercourse however i do shave my gentials but almost 100% sure i had no cuts she said i had nothing to worry about there sending her for the seconded test now please help me
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Sexual transmission of hepatitis C occurs infrequently. You could consider baseline testing to alleviate any anxiety but I think your risks are low for hepatitis C.
Sex with condoms with anyone who is not your monogamous partner is best.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.