Cocaine & Hep C
Oct 23, 2004
Would you say that a lot of people get Hep C through sharing cocaine straws or that this is a lower risk factor than say sharing needles?
Response from Dr. McGovern
The study that demonstrated a link between sharing cocaine straws and hepatitis C did not have information on the use of injection drug use.
There is no question in my mind that IDU is a much more major factor is transmission than intranasal cocaine use. With that said, I still would not advise sharing straws because the risk is not zero.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get AIDS From Picking Your Nose?
- Fatigue After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Herpes Cause Diarrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.